[TR] Wheel wobble/ Bearing race Cups?

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 07:26:14 MST 2011

Excuse me if this was mentioned before.

To elimiate any freeplay in the bearing -  I usually pull the cotterpin and
tighten the spindle nut until I get firm resistance (pretty much tighen the
spindle nut hand tight and take it one more flat with the wrench) The hub
should turn with only minor resistance by hand and then make my
measurements.   Make sure you reset the bearing and reinstall the cotter pin
when done.

 I totally agree if the cups are not seated properly it is an issue.  Before
you take your hubs apart - The dial indicator will tell you if its an issue
with the hub (and possibly the seats) or not.