[TR] WA residents - Proposed changes to the Collector Plate law

Don Spence dkspence at telus.net
Wed Jan 19 16:05:02 MST 2011

Here in Alberta, collector car registration is a one time continuing
registration. When I registered the TR6 the fee was $25.00, though I
think it is a bit higher now. You get a 4 digit plate (as opposed to
3 letters, 4 digits ) and a "fleet" sticker.   No renewals required.
Provincial law allows you to register and display a vintage plate but
you must first register as a vintage vehicle (25 years old.  1986
hardly seems "antique".)

Trailers have a one time registration, again mine was $25.00 though
it may be higher now.

Of course, we are a bit of a "rogue" province full or roughnecks (no,
that's not french for rednecks though it may as well be) and cowboys,
real and otherwise.