[TR] ARP Head Bolts

bill_beecher at flash.net bill_beecher at flash.net
Sat Jan 15 18:39:53 MST 2011

After violently breaking a head bolt last fall I decided to order a set of
the ARP bolts and change them out this winter.  So now I have them and I see
they come with this odd little 12-point nut, so I have a question for those
in the know.

I don't really like the looks of these new nuts as my car is 99.9% original
so I am wondering if there is any serious issues with re-using the old nuts
on the five studs that are visible from outside the engine?

BTW, I always torqued in two stages to 105lbs, but ARP says three stages and
110lbs.  Would 50-80-105/110 be about right?

TIA,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"