[TR] TR6 Seat Rebuild

rcateb at comcast.net rcateb at comcast.net
Sun Jan 9 13:09:54 MST 2011

I am 3 days into restoring my 75 TR6 seats with new foam padding.

I brought the foam padding set about 3 years ago and it was not a cheap date than

having cost around $300.  Trying to keep costs at minimun I reused the original seat

covers which has been a mistake as the aged bottom covers ripped when

stretched back on and over the seat frame.  The bottom seat covers glue into and onto the

foam so once on they will come off but your foam padding will be destroyed.

If you are doing this project I would recommend you also invest in new seat

covers for the additional $300-$400.  Or replace with Miatta seats which

would probably be about half the cost of the TR foam pad set and covers.