[TR] Tire and Wheel Recommendation for 1961 TR3A

gdewine at aol.com gdewine at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 10:42:16 MST 2011

 I am ready to make my TR3A into a daily driver. To do this I need to purchase a new set of tires. Also I am considering purchasing after market wheels to give the car a new look.
What recommendations and observations can you make? My budget is not unlimited but I can see spending around a $1,000 (likely more). One recommendation was to purchase a tire made by Yokahoma which has a retro look and profile. My mechanic could not give me a spec on the tire.... I do not want a tire that looks too large....

Leads on a supplier and tire sizing would be appreciated.

Gary
Cleveland, Ohio

1961 TR3A
1980 TR7