[TR] TR# trunnions

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 10:28:14 MST 2011

my friend has completed the restoration of his TR3. it looks soooo cool.
the trunnions came without the grease nipples installed. when i took a look
at it this weekend and tried to screw the new nipples in for the first time, the
bottom plate that the nipple screws into just turns in the trunnion.
consequently you cant install the nipple.
my first thought was to take a small cold chisel and peen the trunnion to try
and make an interference. but i thought id ask if any of you had suffered this
and if anyone had alternate ways of dealing with it before i take the hammer to
it.
thanks
Frank