[TR] Date of manufacture

Brian Harlan brianharlan at scrtc.com
Sun Feb 27 19:26:22 MST 2011

Hey all,

When I first started investigating British cars on the internet, I ran
across a web page that had a table, like a spreadsheet, that gave the
approximate date of manufacture by referencing the Commission number. I
am sure it covered Spitfires, but I also think it covered other models.

It was much more complete than just stating the year. It referenced the
month and even day (or range of a days) that a certain commission number
left the factory. It seems that an individual put it together, and it
was posted on his personal website (as opposed to a company website). I
know there are lots of resources that give the year that certain
commission numbers were produced, but this was much more in-depth.

Does this ring a bell for anyone, or have I just been breathing too much
parts cleaner?

Thanks,
Brian