[TR] Tr4 diff cover

carlsereda carlsereda at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 14:12:03 MST 2011

Greg,
Randall's idea should work. I think I grasped tab open with locking
jaw pliers way back when, and just barely pried open tab enough to
release the brake line (certainly don't want to snap the tab off!).

Good luck,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

I'm planning to replace the gasket for the diff cover on my 64 tr-4.?
There is a welded clip on the cover that holds the rear brake line
tight to the cover. I thought I'd just pry open the clip and pop the
line out, but I can't get the clip to spread open. any thoughts on how
to free up this line ?