[TR] Your name on the Roll of Honour? Triumph Trans-AmeriCa 2009

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 13:54:48 MST 2011

Friends on this list. If you took part in any aspect of the Drive in 2009 where
I met so many people who had been just 'cyber-friends' up to that time, I'd like
to hear from you. The book of the event is going to print during this year in
the States and it will feature a Roll of Honour of all those who took part
and/or in some way made a specific contribution to the event itself.
I have already emailed all the contacts I had with all the clubs who most
kindly invited me to visit them during the course of the trip and I'm confident
they'll be replying to me as soon as they have completed the participant lists I
have requested. However, for all sorts of reasons I may not receive some of
those lists and so won't have all the names I'm so anxious to have. So, if you
took part in the Drive or attended a show in support of it with your car, please
email me off-list with the following details:

The year, make and model of your car
Your name and that of your crew
Whether you drove part of the route - or not
The name of your club

I can then make sure your name goes on the Roll of Honour. Please note the
spelling of 'honour.' I know you guys normally omit the 'u' for this word, but
I'm including it in the book because some of *you* took part in the event :)
FYI, fundraising has been on-going since the event finished and is now
approaching US$100,000 overall.

Thanks, Jonmac