[TR] Cleaning greasy parts

fogbro1 at comcast.net fogbro1 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 23 10:48:41 MST 2011

List,

I use a made in Taiwan parts cleaner with pump purchased many, many years ago, with kerosene as the cleaning agent. It presently has a inch of sludge since I've never drained it.

After the parts cleaner, I soak the bits in Gunk, then wash in hot water, followed by a wash in hot, soapy water; then a rinse and blow dry. Parts to be painted get a primer. Unpainted parts get assembled. Aluminum castings, like overdrive or transmission cases, go into the bead blaster.

Ed Woods