[TR] Disposing of parts cleaning solution Re: What do you use to clean greasy parts?

aribert at c3net.net aribert at c3net.net
Wed Feb 23 10:25:04 MST 2011

I see what Randall does (or might do) with the fouled petroleum based
cleaning solution.  WHat do the rest of you do?  I used to use paint
thinner but have switched to kerosene - easier to buy in bulk and I keep
it on hand for heating the garage in the shoulder seasons.  I would change
out the solvent more frequently if I had a good way to dispose of it.  I
have also thought of how I could filter the solvent to wash with less
dirty solvent.  I've taken a 5 gal can of oily, sandy kerosene to the
local household waste disposal drop off at the county.  Not certain that
they are expecting oil and dirt contaminated kerosene when I drop it off.

I've tried works as well as plain old diesel fuel (or home heating