[TR] TR Jerk Footing

Brian Jones Brian.L.Jones at gsk.com
Mon Feb 21 04:42:51 MST 2011

To work this through, I'd want to know how easily the car rolls backwards in neutral, with you pushing it. The prop shaft will turn in the transmission, the diff, rear axle and the wheels & brakes will turn, and if the symptom persists, those are where I'd start.

You could jack up the rear and turn each wheel by hand to eliminate the drum brakes and shaft into the diff.
You could spin the wheels (with help) and see if you feel a click or thump in either universal joint on the prop shaft.
You could disconnect the prop at the diff (mucky, but only 10 minutes) and roll the car back to see any difference

If it only happens when driven in reverse, then the transmission would look likely, imho.

Hope this helps,

Brian
Valley Forge, PA