[TR] TR4 wheel studs

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Sat Feb 19 15:24:34 MST 2011

Ed,

You will most definitely have to remove the axles.  There is no other
way to grind the backside of the wheel studs.  The studs were screwed
in at the factory and then peened over.  I went through this same
exercise last winter.  Very frustrating and time consuming.  Once you
have ground the backside that was peened then you unscrew the old ones
and then screw in the new ones.  The hard part is you now have to peen
over the new stud so that it won't unscrew.

Pain in the royal backside to do this.

Oh yeah, you also have to pull the hub from the axle to do the work.

Been there, done that.

Brad