[TR] brake lines

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 18:34:23 MST 2011

I'm finding i didn't make enough notations when removing my brake lines from the
frame long ago (tr-3) and can't figure out how the front is arranged.  I  have
the old lines but still find it difficult.  At present i'm laying the old lines
out and trying to make connections so I can then move on and bend the new lines
appropriately.

my problem is with the 5 way connector at the front.  It has the brake light
switch (screw-on) on one side as well as the restrictor valve sticking straight
up on top.

-does the master cylinder line connect to the resister valve coming straight
down from the top?
-does the 5 way connection slide on a clip thats welded to the frame rail  very
close to the diagonal brace that goes from spring tower to frame?
-there seems to be only one way it sits on the frame with the brake light switch
laying toward the outside of the frame?
-the way i'm finding it fits best makes it almost impossible to connect the
other front brake lines appropriately.
-i have a banjo fitting on a piece of steel brake line which is attached to a
rubber brake line and the whole thing is maybe 2 feet long.  cannot figure out
where it goes.

Sorry as I know I'm describing this problem in a very confusing way!  I"m hoping
maybe someone has just been through this recently and can give some suggestions.

p.s.  I'm finding that even though I thought I was writing things down and
labeling............I didn't do it well enough.  When taking a car apart its so
easy to think "i'll remember that.....this goes here obviously and that goes
there"   LOL   NOT.   lol  what seemed to be just "common sense" and "easily
remembered" at the time of removal.............2 yrs later become foreign
objects that have no relationship to a triumph!