[TR] TR4A - Wiper Wheel Mounts

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Mon Feb 7 06:29:33 MST 2011

Listers,

I am adding the windshield wiper mechs back to the car, and have some questions.

From what I can tell for the 4A, you insert the wiper wheel housing up through the hole in the scuttle.
With it now protruding out of the car, you slip over the soft nozzle cap, add the chrome nut, then tighten.

However, even if you tighten the nut to the end of the threads, there is still a lot of free-play because of the length of the vertical shaft.
How do you take out this free play?
Is there supposed to be some sort of spacers?
Do the hard tubes stabilize the wheel housings once they are added?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A