[TR] Stay rod colour

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 2 17:27:06 MST 2011

On Wednesday, February 02, 2011 05:03:15 pm Phil Bacon wrote:
> Hello Listers,        Doing some engine bay refreshening.  Can anyone tell
> me what colour the Stay rods for the front valence are supposed to be
> (part #s 714768 &69, 72 TR6) -- Gloss, Satin or Flat black?   Mine are so
> grungy I can no longer tell.  These are the rods that fasten back to the
> wheel arch.   Thanks in advance,    Phil Bacon

Phil,

The stay rods on my 72 were more flat than Satin but I painted them with the
same paint I used for the windshield, back of grill and the rear apron.

It is DuPont Satin Black A-5099S
1K Bumper & Trim Black.

It is available in a rattle can. I just did a web search and ordered from some
on-line paint shop.

This paint was recommended by the 6-pack forum.

Nice finish.

Bob