[TR] TR4A - Hood Questions

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Wed Dec 28 15:57:41 MST 2011

All,

First, I have almost 1000 miles on the car.  Had mom over before Christmas and
took her out.  It was the first time she's been in the car since 1988.
She loved it.  Told me she should have given me the car years before she
did!!

Now, I have some questions about the "hood", otherwise called a "top" by us
yanks.
Any help is greatly appreciated..

I have the hood mounted to the frame and all is well.  It raises.  It falls.
And basically keep the rain off of my head.
What it doesn't do is keep the rain from entering the car from the rear edge
of the windows.  Oh well..

Here's the questions..

1.  The hood attaches to the frame on the header bar, the rear mounting bar,
and by a flap, about midway on the hood, that attaches to one of the
transverse hood sticks.
How is this flap supposed to be attached?  I riveted it directly, but am
wondering if it shouldn't be done with snaps, otherwise it will tear over
time.

2. The hood also has "flaps", that run the length of the windows, that dangle
down from the hood to keep rain from getting over the windows.  When I roll
the window up, the glass comes up behind these "flaps", keeping the rain on
the outside.  Nice.  However, there is nothing on the front of these flaps,
where they meet the windshield frame, to keep them taught.  I know the TR4
frame had little hooks that hook into the windshield frame.  My windshield
frame has these hooks.  I got the hood from TRF, and they sent me the hooks,
which I am now inclined to add.  Does anyone know how to add these hooks into
the hood?  Does anyone has instructions (which I did not get), or pics?

Thanks in advance.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.