[TR] Wiring loom

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Dec 21 03:21:15 MST 2011

> Randall why the extra relays?

My car is an early TR3, which originally only had one brake light in the
center.  The other two lamps served only as tail lights and turn signals.
So two of the relays are to make the corner lamps serve triple duty as
stop/turn/tail, similar to the way most American cars worked back in the
60s.

Then 4 of them are due to my perhaps over-the-top headlight wiring scheme,
which uses a separate relay for each headlight filament.  I got a good deal
on a bulk purchase of relays ...
http://goo.gl/uvjjs

I have also added relays for the electric radiator fan; and the horns.

BTW, if you have overdrive, there should also be a relay for the overdrive.

-- Randall