[TR] TR3 Backup Light

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Fri Dec 16 05:45:24 MST 2011

I also have the 1960 version of the Lucas Master Catalog.  (we probably got
it from the same source)
The reverse lamp kit is pictured at  http://jollyrogersmotors.com/node/277
and includes switch, green wire, and L494.  ($175  wow!)
My box looks like this one (much much much poorer condition) is dated "7 61"
(assuming that is the date code) and the switch I found in the parts pile
looks like the same one.   I have since cross referenced the switch to Lucas
31696 which is listed on page Q14 and pictured on Q6 of the '60 version of
400e.  The last thing I did last night was hook it all up - running a lead
directly from the fuse box to switch to lamp to ground and it all works.   I
am still going to install the jamb switch similar to Alex's application for
the automatic feature but may run a wire back to the dash switch so it
illuminates when in reverse.  Not necessary but it will 'appear' to be
period correct.    I have not found any cross reference of S/T Part# 502251
(reverse lamp kit w/cable & switch) to a specific lamp.

Next question - where would that switch have been placed?  Left side below
o/d & heater seems the logical location?  I have one more lucas relay
available so I may add it to power feed coming from the fuel gauge -mounting
it on the dash support bracket on the passenger side.

Also, how do you test a relay?

TS81802LO dispatched 9/27/61 per build sheet

Randall - do you ever sleep...  I saw your earlier post (4:xx am which is 1
in the morning here on the east coast and you are still here at 6:30.....