[TR] TR3 Backup Light

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 16 04:53:40 MST 2011

I have a Lucas master Catalog - Export Edition that covers up to year 1954.

It clearly shows color pictures for the L494. It's correct part number is
#052671 (6v) and #052672 (12v). Page L4 That's the unit........ The clear
lens is part number #573283 Page L10

Both of these lamps are not listed for any specific car or make. but listed
for "General Sales". So it appears to be an auxiliary type part or add on to
any specific model desired, at least through 1954.

The red lens I have for this lamp is not listed as of 1954.

I have a listing in this catalog for a "1954 Triumph - 2 seater sports car"
that lists ALL electrical components from gauges to lamps that Lucas
provided. There is no listing for back up lights or fog lights. The vehicle
is only identified as a 2 seater sports car.

Alex Manzo
1959 TR3A