[TR] TR6 Meltdown

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Tue Dec 13 05:04:24 MST 2011

Drew - Go to Advance Auto Wire at www.advanceautowire.com and find your
wiring diagram. If the electrical burning stopped after you turned off the
ignition switch, I would check the switched battery circuit from the switch
to the fuse box. That should be the white circuit. I think there may be a
missing outline on the later diagrams, but the '69 - '72 diagrams should
give you the idea. Any dead shorts to ground on that circuit ahead of the
fuse would cause lots of smoke and damage. Next question - have there been
any modifications done (good or bad) on the wiring? Unfortunately, one
burning wire can end up burning other, unrelated wires in the same bundle.
Good luck.

Alex Thomson