[TR] Tyre pressure/ Boot org.

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 05:17:08 MDT 2011

Hi List!
I just finished up reading my last 4 TRIUMPH Digest to now get a
chance to give my input.

Subject: Tyre pressure-
I go with 30# all around in
Veristines 165X15R. I do highway driving & back roads driving once I reach the
starting destination. Therefore; my tyres are hot to start the back-roads ride
& don't want to try to lower the pressure because of inaccurate readings
that I would receive.

Subject: Boot organizer-
I carry A LOT of items in
case of road break-downs. So I would not be able to get all my equipment into
those small bags. I use 3 Castro oil case cartons. I tape the complete outside
of the boxes with clear packing tape (protects the box from outside dirt &
moisture, & gives added structural strength (to hold all the equipment
like:water/fuel pumps, complete distributor/coil ignition set, additional
spare parts, tools, etc. I also label what's in each box on BOTH inside top
flaps before clear taping that, too.Then I also carry a large cloth bag for 2
empty plastic beer mugs, extra clothes (cover-alls, warm jacket, flannel
shirt, etc.), Moss catalog for looking at the parts diagram, plus my Kennith
Ball repair manual with my 'TR4/A E-mail Manual CD taped in a pocket in the
back of the Ball manual. Then I place the tonnel cover, if up or if I'm using
the hood-stick cove instead while the top is down, on top of all the case
boxes along with a folding
 'SMALL' chair inside the packing bag (24" x 2" diameter). Now underneath the
top cover is my scissors jack underneath the inside spare wheel concave part,
being held down with the J-hook & wing nut. Around the outside of the spare
tyre, are 2 inner tubes rolled up (with baby power over them before rolling up
& placed inside shrink wrap bags), a first aid kit, 5 spare tyre valves inside
shrink wrap bag, & the jack handle.

This is another reason I keep the rear
tyres up at 30# to handle all the extra weight. I get about 30->32 MPH when on
trips. FWIW,

-Cosmo Kramer