[TR] Oil Filter Adapter - Pot. Problem?

William Pugh anabil007 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 17:40:15 MDT 2011

This is very confusing ... the adaptor is Bolted to the engine ... how could
it possibly spin???

I have the adaptors on both the TR3 and TR6, and have never had any problems,
no leaks, works fine, easier to use ...

'tis a puzzlement ...

On Aug 23, 2011, at 4:07 PM, Chris Simo wrote:

> I used blue loctite on mine and torqued it down. Tightened the filter hand
> tight and upon next filter change the adapter spun.
>
> I had a suggestion to use the copper sealant on the adapter to purolater
> fitting from someone who had the same issue.
>
> Any other solutions out there?
>

> triumphs at autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/anabil007@comcast.net

"Life is too short to drive Boring Cars"

Bill Pugh
Wallace, CA
Casper
1957 TR3