[TR] [6pack. Need 1976 tr6 alternator

Darrell Floyd tr250driver at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 13:54:08 MDT 2011

Fellow NCTA member lost alternator on way to Breckenridge.  Will make it by
swapping batteries with others in caravan.  Can someone help with supplying
alternator at VTR National?  Call Darrell Floyd at 330-256-8450.  I'm already
at Beaver Run

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2011, at 10:38 AM, Bud Rolofson <levilevi at comcast.net> wrote:

> Irv,
>
> Another thought..maybe you have a leak in the booster diaphram that shows up
once it heats up the engine bay.  Try a bolt in the vacuum hose going to the
booster.  You'll still have brakes, just not "boosted" brakes.

> Had a booster go out pulling into the VTR parking lot in Portland, Oregon
for VTR2000, but someone pointed out that I still had brakes so I autocrossed
it and drove 1400 miles home and didn't replace it for about a year.  I kinda
got used to driving it that way and almost thought about disconnecting the vac
line and plugging it to autocross because I felt like I had a better feel for
pedal pressure when braking for cones.