[TR] [6pack] Weird Brake issue

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Mon Aug 15 10:38:52 MDT 2011

Irv,

Another thought..maybe you have a leak in the booster diaphram that
shows up once it heats up the engine bay.  Try a bolt in the vacuum
hose going to the booster.  You'll still have brakes, just not
"boosted" brakes.

Had a booster go out pulling into the VTR parking lot in Portland,
Oregon for VTR2000, but someone pointed out that I still had brakes so
I autocrossed it and drove 1400 miles home and didn't replace it for
about a year.  I kinda got used to driving it that way and almost
thought about disconnecting the vac line and plugging it to autocross
because I felt like I had a better feel for pedal pressure when
braking for cones.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net