[TR] TR4A - Initial SU HS6 Idle Settings

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Sun Aug 14 17:01:10 MDT 2011

All,

Well, the big moment is fast approaching and I am about to start the car for
the first time since the restoration project began.
I've done all the usual new engine start-up items (like building up oil
pressure - which is 30 psi on the starter with plugs out), but I have a
question about the carbs.

I have dual SU HS6 carbs which I had rebuilt by Paltech, and they came back
stunningly nice.
He set the mixture about half-way for starters, but left the idle and fast
idle screws completely backed-off, for me to setup.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where a good starting point is for these
idle screws?
Without any suggestions, I'll probably spent more trial and error time than I
care for.

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A