[TR] three point seat belts in a tr3

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Fri Aug 5 07:42:48 MDT 2011

On 8/3/2011 9:44 PM, Joe DeMuth wrote:
> My wife thinks she would be safer with a shoulder belt in addition to the seat
> belt. What is involved in this installation, and does anyone have a brand
> recommendation?  For my part, I think the seat belt alone will keep the body
> with the car after the crash.

Be very careful to keep the shoulder link (where it ties to the tub) no
lower than the shoulder, as spine compression could result in an
accident.  In a stock TR, this is a major challenge.  In my TR4 I
mounted a roll bar, bolted to the frame at the floor and large plates
thru the wheel arches, then I routed the shoulder belt over the bar
cross tube which I mounted just above shoulder level.

hth

--
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg VA