[TR] three point seat belts in a tr3

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 19:52:33 MDT 2011

I fitted 3-point belts in my early 3A. I would say the chest needs to be
kept well away from that non-collapsible steering column.

I used Securon belts, drilled a hole through each rear wheel well and  then
used very thick pieces of steel, like thick washers, to make sure the third
 (shoulder) point did not pull out of the wheel well in an emergency. I
have yet  to test it's effectiveness, but it makes me feel much safer....

Tim

My wife  thinks she would be safer with a shoulder belt in addition to the
seat
belt. What is involved in this installation, and does anyone have a  brand
recommendation?  For my part, I think the seat belt alone will  keep the
body
with the car after the  crash.

triumphs at autox.team.net

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive