[TR] TR6 Sticking Choke Cable

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Aug 2 14:39:35 MDT 2011

In a message dated 8/2/2011 1:42:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
floridatr6 at cfl.rr.com writes:
> No ideas on a sticking choke cable?
>
> Joe
>

> ---- floridatr6 at cfl.rr.com wrote:
> >Hello all,
> >
> >Been a while since I've posted here and glad to be back.
> >
> >The choke cable in my 72 TR6 is sticking in place.  I took the knob off
> and used a set of robo-grips to move it back and forth and gave it a squirt
> of Wurth 2000.  Nothing seems to work.  The cables are not kinked (but are
> very long.  The carb connections move freely so I don't THINK that is the
> problem.  Any suggestions?

Where did you apply the lubricant?  It is really difficult to lubricate the
entire cable since you can only apply it to the ends.  You may have to
remove the cable and hang it vertically and introduce the oil at the top and let
it infiltrate the length of the cable.  Moving the cable back and forth
will help accelerate the process.

Or you could install a new cable.

Good luck

Dave