[TR] What's a reasonable price for doing a TR6 clutch?

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Aug 1 09:33:00 MDT 2011

Andy.........where did you find the Repair Time Schedule? Sounds like a
great resource or interesting reading.....

Larry..........you can save about 2 - 3 hours of shop labor if they'll let
you pull/reinstall the interior yourself. Pretty easy to do but time
consuming. The great unknown with our cars is how easily they come apart
unless you've taken them apart already. Frozen/stripped bolts are
commonplace and that adds to the time factor. Some guys can pull the tranny
without dropping the exhaust but my exhaust comes apart easily so I always
drop it....... the rear tranny mount is tough to get at with the exhaust in
place.

Pulling the tranny usually turns into a "while I'm in there I might as well"
scenario...........i.e. new clutch, new t/o bearing, pin the clutch fork,
resurface & balance flywheel, new tranny seals etc.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org
1975 TR6 with: