[TR] Recommendations for dark BRG paint codes?

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 07:27:34 MDT 2011

I've been following this thread and would just add my HO on what constitutes
British Racing Green.
For a start and contrary to popular opinion, there is no true colour blend or
mix for BRG. True BRG has a substantial amount of Olive green in it and the
nearest you'll get to what many on this side of the Atlantic (UK) feel is the
*right* shade is to examine pre-war Bentleys of the pre-Rolls Royce era. Even
that isn't an exact science as many have been repainted, but the Bentley Owners
Club (so I was told in 2002) still keeps the original colour mix formula for
those who truly aspire to emulating the original colour. Don't know whether it
is willing to impart the info - but it might, for a donation to club funds?
All other 'British Racing Greens' of the post-war mass production era on Astons,
Healeys, Jaguars, MG's, Sunbeams and Triumphs (to name but a few) are just not
true British Racing Green.

Jonmac