[TR] Life expectancy of TR3 leaf springs

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Wed Apr 27 16:08:31 MDT 2011

I have noticed a distinct sag on the driver's rear of my TR3.  The car is in
its eighth year post-restoration.  Is this unusually early to have to
replace the springs or have others noticed this happening?

Andrew Uprichard

FWIW, I drove to Lansing, MI, today and found a British Leyland dealership
with TRs in the showroom.  Turns out the 92-year-old owner still likes to
open the place up every day, despite the fact that the only real business
they do is housing customers' cars for them over the winter.  For a moment I
felt I was in an a Twilight Zone movie......