[TR] TR4A valve springs

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Sun Apr 24 11:02:14 MDT 2011

Ed,

I can't comment on the valve spring dimensions (nor the spring rate).  Doesn’t
the ROM say anything about this?

As for the aluminum push rod tubes, I oserved that mine are aluminum too.
It is not clear to me that they were EVER painted.  There is no remnant of
paint on mine while the cast iron head has the paint in good condition.  I
have no idea where/if a changeover occurred, or if the two types (aluminum
vs steel) were used interchangeably.

When I repainted my head, I left the push rod tubes natural.  I think they
look nice in contrast to the painted cast iron.

-Tony