[TR] Head Off

John Gillis JGILLIS at tcd.ie
Sat Apr 23 10:55:26 MDT 2011

Hi all- engine removed finally to deal with my cam shaft core plug that dropped out fooling me into thinking the rear crank seal was the culprit. Anyway you may remember I had problems getting smooth running, which seemed like a vacuum problem. I thought I might take the head off and have a look inside. Can I safely take the head off without disturbing the liners and their figure of 8 seals? Also if I have a problem sealing around the inlet manifold, are the new thicker gaskets I read about on the list available for the low port head and if so from who?
Regards
John

John Gillis
Senior Conservator