[TR] TR6 starting issue

Ed Oot eoot at citlink.net
Fri Apr 22 07:19:57 MDT 2011

The TR6 engine (in a TVR 2500) has begun a new routine.  When attempting to start cold, the engine will turn over once or twice, quit, turn again, quit then turn abit more normally until it fires. My first thought was battery, so I pulled it and took it to my FLAPS for testing.  Tested good with plenty of charge and cranking power. I will check, clean and tighten connectiosn to starter, but if that doesn't do anything, would the next logical problem be with the starter?

One other thing I should mention.  The ground cable connector at the battery broke and I happened to have one of the clamp on type on hand.  So I cut the cable and put the new clamp on connector on. The connection seems very tight but is it possible this could do it?  The charging seems OK and everything appears to work as it should when the vehicle is running.

TIA
Ed

=======
http://www.pctools.com/