[TR] Non-TR Tractor Engine Question

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Apr 18 11:24:34 MDT 2011

Sorry to bomb the List.

My '59 Case 211b 30 hp farm tractor makes a loud click when I turn the key, but the starter doesn't even attempt to turn over.

I've pulled it and put the postive post on the postive terminal of the battery and grounded the body against the negative terminal.  Nothing.  I did put a battery charger to it, and got it to just barely budge, then stop.

Before I spend $225 to have it rebuilt, that's about all the tests, right?

Thanks!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A TS 58667
New Hampshire, where my road is still too muddy to get the TR out!