[TR] Wiper Switch Hook-up

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sat Apr 16 13:44:32 MDT 2011

For the collective of wisdom of the list.

I have a 2-speed wiper motor from a TR4A that I am thinking about installing
in my TR3 project.  The original DR2 is non-functional (I guess too many
days just sitting in high humidity).

There are three wires coming out of the motor that corresponds to the
schematic at Advance Autowire
http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr24a.pdf page 4.

Green (hot)
Brown/Green (fast terminal)
Red/Green (slow terminal)
Black is connected to the external housing (ground).

The switch I have is the same as:
http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af136/cfmtr3a/Information%20Items/?actio
n=view&current=TR4a_2-speed_pull-pull-push_switch.jpg
>From top down / back to front; Terminals are 1  4  6  7  8

Again referencing Dan's schematics
http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr2506.pdf page 2
The switch is more in line with what is on a TR6.

Is it possible to connect what I have or am I off-base.  I don't want to go
to the expense of different motor - but I can replace the switch if there is
a better choice.  What might be a suitable alternative?  I don't know the
terminal layout but one suggestion is the lucas 39156 (54033632) which is a
two-terminal light switch from a Stag.

Thanks in advance.
Carl
TS81802LO 'getting there'