[TR] exhaust

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 08:04:41 MDT 2011

It is not just vibration.  It's expansion.  Your exhaust system is considerably longer when hot than when cold, so your hangers need to allow for that change.

I remember I had a system put on a (non-TR) car some years ago.  System was perfect when they fired it up at the shop.  By the time I got home, it was knocking on chassis parts.  Took it back to the shop so they could see it hot.  They made changes and it was OK thereafter.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack"
2004 Suburban 8.1
2005 Lotus Elise
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net