[TR] Subject: Re: Headlights/drivinglights/relays/fuses/connectors

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Apr 11 17:29:00 MDT 2011

Hey Randall,

Your lights out mountain drive mush have inspired Dan Masters when he
designed the AAW harness. He steadfastly refuses to use any fuses in the
headlight circuit for his harnesses. In fact, he insists on a direct wire
run from the relay to the headlights using a new socket that he provides.
Not even a bullet connector is used. He feels the experience you had isn't
worth it. Granted his harness is "over-designed", so a wire meltdown isn't
likely. However, I see that his stand-alone Headlight Relay Kit that can be
added to a stock harness does have 4 fuses similar to what you're suggesting
so you would have to blow 4 fuses to be driving in the dark.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org
1975 TR6 with: