[TR] headlamp removal

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Mon Apr 11 16:33:47 MDT 2011

I have a really stupid question.  I want to get my headlamp out (to install an H4 type) and I don’t have the special tool to pry under the chrome trim.  I gently inserted a screwdriver in accessible places, but I could just feel something like a clip bending, not releasing.

So, what is the best way to get this darned chrome trim ring off without damaging anything?  Should I fabricate a “special tool” to do the job?  If so, what are its dimensions?

-Tony