[TR] TR4A - Windshield Frame Conundrum

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Sun Apr 3 21:30:33 MDT 2011

All,

OK... this is good.

Tonight I set about working on the hood frame.
I got it bolted into the tub in the rear, added the "male" latch parts to the header rail, then went to add the "female" latch halves to the windshield frame.
I poked the holes for the small bolts through the new plastic covering, started to turn the bolts to tighten, but got no grip.
"Odd", I thought..  So, I got to poking around and discovered that there is nothing there for them to tighten into!

I suspect there was, at one point, a metal plate with threaded holes within the frame, and it has since slid somewhere inside the frame itself.
Can anyone help?

Is it time for a powerful magnet?  Maybe some sort of pressure-based fastener?

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO