[TR] TR4A Driving Lights

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Apr 2 15:27:01 MST 2011

> My suggestion to your dilemma is to buy a set of Hella H4 Halogen
> conversion headlights and forget the accessory driving
> lights.

FWIW, I wasn't all that pleased with the Hellas I bought many years ago.
They looked good at first, but the reflectors dimmed with time and the lens
eventually fell off of one of them (while changing the bulb).  Plus I found
this really good deal on some Bosch units:
http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=0301600118

Haven't tried them yet, but they look good so far.  Even have a DOT stamp on
them, which the Hellas didn't.

Relays or not, be sure you get as much voltage as possible to the
headlights.  Even 0.1 volt can make a visible difference in light output.  I
found that I am losing voltage in both the original bulb connector, and the
original ground connection, as well as through the wiring and switches.  As
a result, at the moment, the side with relays is actually dimmer than the
side without!

-- Randall