[TR] [SPAM] Electronic ignition systems

dave dave at ranteer.com
Mon Sep 27 11:35:37 MDT 2010

to answer your question, I had two distributors, both rebuilt by Jeff at
Advanced Dsitributors.

one was points, the other a pertronix.  I have them set up so that they are
interchangeable.  each has its own new cap, rotor, wires, etc.  the goal
being something goes wrong I pull one (the whole thing) and bolt in the
other.

this difference between the two is very noticeable.  the pertronix gives me
measurably better performance and top speed.

my opinion - get your dizzy rebuilt by jeff, and go with the pertronix.
have a second dizzy ready to go and you'll never need it.