[TR] TR3A Brake light switch

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Mon Sep 27 09:07:30 MDT 2010

 I ran into this issues just after my build, as Randall stated, the DOT5
is probably the culprit.  The simple way I fixed it was to install a GM
brake switch on a fabricated bracket under the dash.  I then ran a pair
of lines which then hooked in parallel to the original pressure switch.
I touch the brake pedal the lights come on and it is nice tucked up, in
order to see it you need to crawl under the dash.

The switch came with two nuts so it was perfectly adjustable over a 3"
range.  The bracket hooked onto the original mounting bolts so it was
clean too.

David Templeton
'59 tr3a
'74 spitsix