[TR] headlight and dimmer switch-where to put the foot.

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sun Sep 26 20:19:22 MDT 2010

I'm sure the subject line is a bit confusing.

I just rebuilt the headlight switch on my '73 TR6 and tested it out last
night.  I think the headlights are brighter.  Cool.

I usually just bend my knee and put my foot a bit to the right and under the
clutch pedal in my 6.  Just seeing a picture of a TR 3 dimmer and recalling
that recently someone said that they rested their foot on the dimmer switch
made me remember something.  I must have rested my foot on my 3's dimmer
too.  One day I heard a sproing and found parts rolling around on the floor
of the car.  Investigation revealed that the rivet holding on the spring
loaded cap of the dimmer had worn off and the switch flew apart.  A neighbor
drilled and tapped the center shaft and we screwed the spring and cover on
to restore the dimmer switch to good health.

Ron L