[TR] TR3 Breather Pipe fitting

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 26 19:01:02 MDT 2010

> When rebuilding the engine for the '3 project, I used a plug
> in the breather pipe block hole.  Forgot to pull it out before installing
the
> engine.

What about a long punch/chisel, at an angle; then pry it out?

Or, making an extra-short bit to go in the angle drive?  For just one
shallow hole, you could grind a broken drill shank into a spade bit fairly
easily I think.  No need for flutes or a fancy cutting tip; just grind in
from the sides to create a flat end, then put a couple of cutting lips on
it.  Kind of like this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Drill_spade_tiny.jpg
except I was thinking more like 1/8" or so.

You can also buy stubby bits to go in one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGiEuNqX3_g

Randall