[TR] Off topic:Delete if you do not tow a trailer

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 19:04:21 MDT 2010

Hi all;

For those who tow their Triumph, or indeed anything, on/in a trailer, I
wondered if anyone has graduated from an open trailer to an enclosed one? I am
 about to order an enclosed one, mostly for my business, but am a bit
constricted  by the towing capacity of my half ton van (6200 lbs towing
capacity). To tow the  TR3A, I don't need much space, but to tow my compact tractor
with bush hog, or  to haul Christmas trees, perennials, etc. etc., then it's
a different story. So,  I'm planning to order a cargo trailer that is 8 ft
wide, 8 ft tall (6  ft 6ins headroom for my tall height), 20 feet long and
weighs 2800 lbs unladen.  It seems to me that I'll be towing a great big sail
down the road with the  frontal area of the trailer, although my van is 6 ft
6 inches tall and probably  6 ft 6 inches wide.

Wondering if anyone's tried towing such a trailer with something that's
only moderately powerful (5.2L V8) and how they found it towed? Currently I
have  a 20 ft open landscaping trailer that I tow quite happily, but it has
hardly any  wind resistance. Is this a mistake? No dealer will let me tow a
trailer to  try it.

Tim