[TR] Electrical connection to coil

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 13:31:56 MDT 2010

Dave,

I would suggest that you use spade terminals which have a two "crimping"
sleeves for the wire end.  One crimping sleeve is for the bare wire; the
other (outer) sleeve crimps the insulated portion of the wire to provide more
strength against wire fatigue.

You can see a photo of these on the website of British Wiring
_www.britishwiring.com_ (http://www.britishwiring.com) .  These spade  terminals are
typically a little more money than the cheaper blister pack spades  you'd find
at WalMart, etc but they will solve your problem.

As for extending the white wire by splicing in a longer segment.....no
problem.  I would solder the splice, use some heat shrink to insulate the
splice.  Assuming that we're talking about a vinyl versus fabric  harness, then
you could certainly wrap the splice around the existing  wiring harness with
black electrical tape or, if you really want to be  "concours", wrap the
splice around the harness with harness tape!

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 9/24/2010 2:50:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,