[TR] Stranded

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 13:08:40 MDT 2010

Terry,

Check for fuel flow at the carbs.....the fact that you hear the fuel pump
ticking or pulsing is no assurance that fuel is actually getting to the
carbs...the pump may be working against a cloggeg fuel filter if you have one
in-line from the pump to the carbs.

About 5 years ago my TR6 did the same symptoms after a nice long
drive...fortunately just as I pulled into our driveway. It turned out to be  a
clogged fuel filter.....I cut the clogged filter open after I replaced it and
found it coated with a rust colored muck and little bits of "stuff".
Evidently my restored fuel tank hadn't been as flushed clean as it should have  been
and the sediment, etc finally built up and stopped the fuel flow.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 9/23/2010 7:06:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,