[TR] 4 or 7 PSI radiator cap

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 19 18:41:04 MDT 2010

> Any fundimental difference between the cooling system on a 3A
> vs. 3B that would explain the different recommended cap?

I give up, who recommends a 7 psi cap for the TR3B but not 3A?

> Waterpump, rad and hoses are new the only
> possible weak point might be the heater core.

IMO the heater core is the only possible problem.  I've been running 10 psi
for quite a few years (but I don't have a heater).  I have had a few hoses
fail, but I think it was just old age.  New hoses don't seem to have any
problem (but it is kind of important to tighten the hose clamps <G>)

The TR3 is still running hotter than it should.  We just got home from
driving over 300 miles today; gauge hovered around 220F for most of the way
but it didn't lose a drop of coolant even climbing Grapevine hill at 75 mph
in 90+ heat.

Randall